Skip to main content

Breaking Free from Life's Grip: 8 Instances When You Feel Trapped by an Eagle's Claws

 


Life sometimes throws us into situations where we feel like we're held tightly by an eagle's claws, our dreams and aspirations just out of reach. The challenges and constraints we face can be overwhelming, leaving us with a sense of helplessness.

But remember, as the saying of Aung San Suu Kyi goes, 

The only real prison is fear, and the only real freedom is freedom from fear.
It beautifully encapsulates the essence of our journey to break free from life's constraints. This profound wisdom reminds us that fear is often the invisible force that holds us captive, like the eagle's claws tightly gripping its prey. 

It's time to break free from the grasp of life's constraints.

We will explore eight (8) common instances when you might feel trapped and suggest solutions for your path to freedom.

1.  Financial Struggles

Like an eagle's claws, financial hardships can grip us tightly. The solution is to find ways to make money by utilizing what you have right here and now, create a budget, prioritize savings, and consider financial education to break free from these constraints.

2.  Dead-end Career

Feeling stuck in a job you hate can be suffocating. Find your passion, explore new career paths, and consider further education or networking to escape the claws of a job you despise.

3.  Unhealthy Relationships

Toxic relationships can feel like emotional shackles. Seek support from friends or a therapist, set boundaries, and prioritize self-care to regain your emotional freedom.

4.  Health Challenges

Physical ailments can limit your mobility and freedom. Focus on a healthy lifestyle, proper medical care, and a positive mindset to regain your physical freedom.

5.  Procrastination and Laziness

Lethargy can hold you back like a vice grip. Overcome it by setting goals, creating a schedule, and breaking tasks into smaller, manageable steps.

6.  Fear of Failure

The fear of failure can paralyze you. Embrace failure as a stepping stone to success, learn from your mistakes, and build resilience.

7.  Self-doubt and Negative Self-talk

Your own thoughts can be the eagle's claws holding you captive. Practice self-compassion, positive affirmations, and self-belief to overcome self-doubt.

8.  Social Pressures and Expectations

The expectations of others can feel like an inescapable cage. Set boundaries, communicate your needs, and prioritize your own happiness.


Truly it's common to feel ensnared by challenges, By addressing what makes us feel like being held by an eagle's claws, and handling such with the suggested solutions, we can gradually liberate ourselves from life's grip.

I myself feel being held by an eagle's claws, mercilessly -- sometimes. I feel restless, and helpless. 

But yes, it is within our power to break free.

I must passionately muster the courage to confront my fears,

Let's conquer our fears to break free from captors  and soar to new heights.

Are you ready to manifest your journey towards a more liberated, fulfilling, and self-determined life? I am.


---

Image credits:  Pixabay | Prawny

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Wasting of Women's Talents Must Cease"

Here I am in a four-cornered room, thinking of many things that I can do considering my talents, but I cannot utilize to the fullest due to some obstacles which are not just in the mind but real. I am woman -- I know I have a power inside me yet I feel vulnerable. There is an interesting article published in Gulf News, "In the Middle East, Momentum for Women Must Pick Up Speed" written by Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, dated 31 May 2018. Very timely, indeed, that I saw this article few minutes back. I am inspired to read similar write-ups promoting advocacy on importance of empowering women by giving them solid support. Can we quantify wasted women's talents? Maybe we can in terms of lost opportunities. Or can we enumerate wasted women's talents if we cannot quantify them? There are women who are full-time mothers and housewives, either by choice or by tradition or both. We know that being so is indeed a tiring unpaid job for many women. For some they

Of Ginger-Lemon Water, and A/C Off

  And so I am now again drinking a lot of hot lemon tea with ginger. It will help improve my health immunity .  WebMD.com says, " Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants, which both have immunity-boosting properties. Ginger also has immunity-boosting properties and can guard against some bacteria." Am coughing when my back is sweating. The air conditioner is switched off again. If you are in the Gulf area, even if it is December it is still hot. There are times when it is even hotter inside my partitioned room with a window facing the sun, no building near ours to block the scorching heat -- than the actual temperature outside. I have a temperature app in my mobile phone and I regularly check it. When I switch on the air conditioner, somebody else switches it off. (I remember when we transferred to the our previous flat and I was told that the A/C was centralized, 24/7 on. I was grateful because the heat of human bodies, the lights, their gadgets -- laptops and m

'Hotelcation' and More

My youngest daughter surprised me with the good news that she was allowed to go on Eid vacation for some days. She badly needed rest and relaxation for a work-life balance. It was very hot here in the UAE when we got blissfully reunited at 2 PM.  It was Eid so most hotels nearby were either fully booked, or if not, their room rate boards showed AED800/day +/-. My frugal daughter stepped back when she saw 'towering' figures. A I watched my Buninay eating halohalo in our meeting place, a restaurant serving Filipino foods, I held my tears back. She ordered 'mixed-with-everything' fried rice, grilled squid and  kinilaw  (raw fish with vinegar, chili and chopped onions).  Memories of her childhood flooded in my mind. How time flies! My then-baby-who-is-now-a-lady wanted to spoil me. Felt truly blessed beyond words. We hopped to Seattle's Best in the mall near the mosque. While indulging myself with my favorite Cinnabon bites and strawberry smoothies, and my ol