Skip to main content

How Do You Prepare for AI Economy?


Long time back we saw robots and automated things only in movies. These days we see many things being done through machines via artificial intelligence (AI). Soon many more jobs will be unmanned.

How do you feel if a robot will greet you at the reception area of a building? Or if a robot will take your order when you go to a restaurant? Will you feel safe if you ride in a driverless car, boat or airplane? How does food cooked by a robot taste? Will you be happy if you have a robot mate or electronic lover? Will you trust a robot to perform surgery on you?

For many companies, this will save a lot of costs as government-mandated benefits will not be extended to them. There will also be no issue on disciplinary actions as they will serve their purposes as programs, and there will be fewer labor disputes.

What will people whose jobs are to be taken by automation, do then? If many will lose jobs then the consumption of goods and services will be lesser so it will affect the economy. They will not pay taxes.

A very private person born in the '60s, I myself do not want to interact with a robot as I feel not secured not knowing who sees and/or hears me behind the cameras or anything attached to it.  As they say, you do not have 100% security if things are within the grid zone. Besides robots have no common sense. There are instances that in some situations we need to apply common sense. But things are happening very fast and we cannot stop it.

How do we prepare for AI economy? AI will be more than a tool as they will be part of the organization as co-workers, as per Harvard Business Review online.

We must prepare our young generations to enthusiastically learn about computer science and coding, and later passionately master artificial intelligence / robotics and cybersecurity.

---

Photo credits:  Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Wasting of Women's Talents Must Cease"

Here I am in a four-cornered room, thinking of many things that I can do considering my talents, but I cannot utilize to the fullest due to some obstacles which are not just in the mind but real. I am woman -- I know I have a power inside me yet I feel vulnerable. There is an interesting article published in Gulf News, "In the Middle East, Momentum for Women Must Pick Up Speed" written by Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, dated 31 May 2018. Very timely, indeed, that I saw this article few minutes back. I am inspired to read similar write-ups promoting advocacy on importance of empowering women by giving them solid support. Can we quantify wasted women's talents? Maybe we can in terms of lost opportunities. Or can we enumerate wasted women's talents if we cannot quantify them? There are women who are full-time mothers and housewives, either by choice or by tradition or both. We know that being so is indeed a tiring unpaid job for many women. For some they

Of Ginger-Lemon Water, and A/C Off

  And so I am now again drinking a lot of hot lemon tea with ginger. It will help improve my health immunity .  WebMD.com says, " Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants, which both have immunity-boosting properties. Ginger also has immunity-boosting properties and can guard against some bacteria." Am coughing when my back is sweating. The air conditioner is switched off again. If you are in the Gulf area, even if it is December it is still hot. There are times when it is even hotter inside my partitioned room with a window facing the sun, no building near ours to block the scorching heat -- than the actual temperature outside. I have a temperature app in my mobile phone and I regularly check it. When I switch on the air conditioner, somebody else switches it off. (I remember when we transferred to the our previous flat and I was told that the A/C was centralized, 24/7 on. I was grateful because the heat of human bodies, the lights, their gadgets -- laptops and m

'Hotelcation' and More

My youngest daughter surprised me with the good news that she was allowed to go on Eid vacation for some days. She badly needed rest and relaxation for a work-life balance. It was very hot here in the UAE when we got blissfully reunited at 2 PM.  It was Eid so most hotels nearby were either fully booked, or if not, their room rate boards showed AED800/day +/-. My frugal daughter stepped back when she saw 'towering' figures. A I watched my Buninay eating halohalo in our meeting place, a restaurant serving Filipino foods, I held my tears back. She ordered 'mixed-with-everything' fried rice, grilled squid and  kinilaw  (raw fish with vinegar, chili and chopped onions).  Memories of her childhood flooded in my mind. How time flies! My then-baby-who-is-now-a-lady wanted to spoil me. Felt truly blessed beyond words. We hopped to Seattle's Best in the mall near the mosque. While indulging myself with my favorite Cinnabon bites and strawberry smoothies, and my ol