Skip to main content

When Nobody Understands You


When you think that nobody understands you even if you use the right communicator's words, you feel like you were trapped in a room without any window.

My personal experience? It was like something claustrophobic. I got suffocated and there was an anxiety attack. How do you handle this? I learned somehow to visualize my hands changing the connections in the circuit of my brains.

Always the first thing to do is to accept things as they are. Nobody can understand you better than yourself. Other people do not know about your past and even your present. They can see you, the outer you, but not all can read you. If you are in pain and you share it with people you think are close to you, most of them will start to be invisible to you. You will be branded as 'negative' or 'toxic' and they will avoid you as they must be surrounded with 'positive' people only. But when they are in a bad situation they will definitely remember you.

People who understood you a few months ago or a week ago or yesterday, may not understand you today and may have a different reaction to your condition and to who you become as a result of your choices and decision making.

There is a long list of people who will not understand you, and it will be longer as time goes by. The most challenging point is when you cannot understand yourself.

They will suggest this and that. They will put you down. They will create stories about you -- mostly lies -- better than professional fiction writers do.

These are all works of enemies who want to steal your happiness and peace. Stay strong.

I tell you -- that is OK, that is fine and you do not need to get upset with whatever they say. Let their tongues intertwine in the bitter taste of their lies. It is OK to be misunderstood if you have said your piece -- which you should not do to everyone who misunderstands you. You owe no one an explanation except to some people or a person whom you think deserve / s to hear that one. As long as you know yourself, ignore them.

Consider yourself as an eagle in spirit. Matter does not matter. You soar high. You see the roads. You see the black and white clouds. You know your past. You know what you want in life. You live in your present. As you are there on top of it all, you know that when you step down again, you will be in a human body -- and along the way in your journey, there might be heavy rains as there are dark clouds. There are rough roads somewhere. Fallen trees make one road not passable.

Others do not have this view. They do not understand the wisdom behind your age and priceless accomplishments. They will understand you if they see things attached to your name -- properties, businesses, etc. -- not the number of lives you silently and humbly helped.

When nobody understands you, just think that it is the way as it is, the way the world was, and is and will always be -- for how long, we do not know. The only thing we can do is to gather our remaining strength, cry if we must to release the pains, crawl if needed, and rise with renewed vigor.

But remember this -- somewhere, somehow, the universe will passionately move someone or some people to your life to see you, to be with you, to feel you, to embrace you, to hug you, to love you, to understand you even in silence, despite distance or time gaps -- in a common zone, with a common light.

---

Photo credits:  Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Wasting of Women's Talents Must Cease"

Here I am in a four-cornered room, thinking of many things that I can do considering my talents, but I cannot utilize to the fullest due to some obstacles which are not just in the mind but real. I am woman -- I know I have a power inside me yet I feel vulnerable. There is an interesting article published in Gulf News, "In the Middle East, Momentum for Women Must Pick Up Speed" written by Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, dated 31 May 2018. Very timely, indeed, that I saw this article few minutes back. I am inspired to read similar write-ups promoting advocacy on importance of empowering women by giving them solid support. Can we quantify wasted women's talents? Maybe we can in terms of lost opportunities. Or can we enumerate wasted women's talents if we cannot quantify them? There are women who are full-time mothers and housewives, either by choice or by tradition or both. We know that being so is indeed a tiring unpaid job for many women. For some they

Of Ginger-Lemon Water, and A/C Off

  And so I am now again drinking a lot of hot lemon tea with ginger. It will help improve my health immunity .  WebMD.com says, " Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants, which both have immunity-boosting properties. Ginger also has immunity-boosting properties and can guard against some bacteria." Am coughing when my back is sweating. The air conditioner is switched off again. If you are in the Gulf area, even if it is December it is still hot. There are times when it is even hotter inside my partitioned room with a window facing the sun, no building near ours to block the scorching heat -- than the actual temperature outside. I have a temperature app in my mobile phone and I regularly check it. When I switch on the air conditioner, somebody else switches it off. (I remember when we transferred to the our previous flat and I was told that the A/C was centralized, 24/7 on. I was grateful because the heat of human bodies, the lights, their gadgets -- laptops and m

'Hotelcation' and More

My youngest daughter surprised me with the good news that she was allowed to go on Eid vacation for some days. She badly needed rest and relaxation for a work-life balance. It was very hot here in the UAE when we got blissfully reunited at 2 PM.  It was Eid so most hotels nearby were either fully booked, or if not, their room rate boards showed AED800/day +/-. My frugal daughter stepped back when she saw 'towering' figures. A I watched my Buninay eating halohalo in our meeting place, a restaurant serving Filipino foods, I held my tears back. She ordered 'mixed-with-everything' fried rice, grilled squid and  kinilaw  (raw fish with vinegar, chili and chopped onions).  Memories of her childhood flooded in my mind. How time flies! My then-baby-who-is-now-a-lady wanted to spoil me. Felt truly blessed beyond words. We hopped to Seattle's Best in the mall near the mosque. While indulging myself with my favorite Cinnabon bites and strawberry smoothies, and my ol