Skip to main content

Sharing and Shared Areas

"Share it" is a common line particularly in social media. When you think something is worth sharing because you feel joy or you learn a lesson, you immediately click your SHARE button so others can feel the same way.

In a world with growing population and growing number of things to commercialize and buy, but with spaces getting smaller and smaller each day, sharing is a trend.

My doctor who performed a surgery to me a decade ago shared a clinic with four (4) other doctors in one of the popular hospitals in Manila. They each had a cubicle in one room, each with a long list of patients. She also owns and runs some clinics in her hometown and in the capital city of the province.

Condominium investing is one of the best wealth creation and generation opportunities today. The buyers or investors enjoy living like rich ones in places with five-star hotel amenities -- 24/7 security services, swimming pool, parks, lobby, and other amenities shared with other co-owners and tenants.

Entrepreneurs can start businesses with lower rental fees with the rise of business centers that offer affordable spaces with shared facilities like receiving area and conference room, shared services like reception and communication services, and shared equipment like telephone, fax, internet server, and WiFi router, etc.

Accommodation is also shared by people who want to reduce expenses. They are those who work and live in other areas or who stay for some days or months as tourists in far places. Charges can be 'all-in' which is a package price, or space rental plus gas, internet charges, water and electricity bills.  Normally they prefer a partitioned room which has enough spaces only for bed and a cupboard, for privacy reason. Some choose bed spaces in double decks, say two to three bunk beds in a room, so they can share the common area to have a bigger breathing space, at much cheaper rates.

It is very important to be a minimalist so you will pay for your comfort and ease to move, not to store your many pieces of stuff which stop you to do something more and enjoy life. (Hey, take it from me!)

Sharing is the trend, yes?

In a shared flat, the common spaces are the living room (if there is any, as others utilize this also as another bedroom), kitchen, hallways, toilets, and balcony. If one has the right to put his things in these common areas, others must have the right, too. Suppose one puts his cupboard in the hallway which is a common area, while the others put the same in their room, the lucky one frees a space in his room so he has more breathing space or he can utilize such space for other things, while the others do not.

If there are only one (1) kitchen with only one (1) gas range or gas stove, one (1) table and few chairs, all tenants must be sensitive enough to give enough time to others who also want to cook and eat foods at the normal meal times.

Should a tenant or tenants invite visitors, at least they should give respect to other paying tenants as they also pay for their peace and space for a better sleep, or a space to enjoy for watching TV on days-off, after a regular tour of duty or on holidays. Guests are guests but sometimes there are noisy and arrogant guests who act like they were the tenants.

We can passionately maintain the joy of staying and living in shared areas by knowing how to respect the rights of others.

---

Photo credits:  Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Wasting of Women's Talents Must Cease"

Here I am in a four-cornered room, thinking of many things that I can do considering my talents, but I cannot utilize to the fullest due to some obstacles which are not just in the mind but real. I am woman -- I know I have a power inside me yet I feel vulnerable. There is an interesting article published in Gulf News, "In the Middle East, Momentum for Women Must Pick Up Speed" written by Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, dated 31 May 2018. Very timely, indeed, that I saw this article few minutes back. I am inspired to read similar write-ups promoting advocacy on importance of empowering women by giving them solid support. Can we quantify wasted women's talents? Maybe we can in terms of lost opportunities. Or can we enumerate wasted women's talents if we cannot quantify them? There are women who are full-time mothers and housewives, either by choice or by tradition or both. We know that being so is indeed a tiring unpaid job for many women. For some they

Of Ginger-Lemon Water, and A/C Off

  And so I am now again drinking a lot of hot lemon tea with ginger. It will help improve my health immunity .  WebMD.com says, " Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants, which both have immunity-boosting properties. Ginger also has immunity-boosting properties and can guard against some bacteria." Am coughing when my back is sweating. The air conditioner is switched off again. If you are in the Gulf area, even if it is December it is still hot. There are times when it is even hotter inside my partitioned room with a window facing the sun, no building near ours to block the scorching heat -- than the actual temperature outside. I have a temperature app in my mobile phone and I regularly check it. When I switch on the air conditioner, somebody else switches it off. (I remember when we transferred to the our previous flat and I was told that the A/C was centralized, 24/7 on. I was grateful because the heat of human bodies, the lights, their gadgets -- laptops and m

'Hotelcation' and More

My youngest daughter surprised me with the good news that she was allowed to go on Eid vacation for some days. She badly needed rest and relaxation for a work-life balance. It was very hot here in the UAE when we got blissfully reunited at 2 PM.  It was Eid so most hotels nearby were either fully booked, or if not, their room rate boards showed AED800/day +/-. My frugal daughter stepped back when she saw 'towering' figures. A I watched my Buninay eating halohalo in our meeting place, a restaurant serving Filipino foods, I held my tears back. She ordered 'mixed-with-everything' fried rice, grilled squid and  kinilaw  (raw fish with vinegar, chili and chopped onions).  Memories of her childhood flooded in my mind. How time flies! My then-baby-who-is-now-a-lady wanted to spoil me. Felt truly blessed beyond words. We hopped to Seattle's Best in the mall near the mosque. While indulging myself with my favorite Cinnabon bites and strawberry smoothies, and my ol