Skip to main content

Project *Generate Revenues*


Sometimes we ask ourselves: Why do others create a massive wealth but we are more intelligent and hardworking than them?

I have attended many seminars related to this and they always say the same thing -- "Let your money work for you".

What about if you don't have enough money to work for you? They say, "Save."  But what if your expenses cannot even meet your revenues, and at certain challenging times, you lost your job or your business collapses, so what is there to save?

It is very important to have a healthy mind and body because you cannot think of strategies to survive and thrive if your brains shrink and you cannot do what must be done if your body is weak. If there is an illness in the family, it means opportunity costs for a supposedly productive member of the family and additional expenses for hospitalization and medicines.

There are many overseas Filipino workers who have many jobs particularly in places where they are allowed to do multiple jobs. In some countries like UAE, there is a no-objection certificate (NOC) required from the employer/sponsor and proper registration with the authorities to do so. If you want to do business, you have to register it to get a trade license. If you do social media activities, you must also get the proper licenses separately.

There are some trading companies that do networking or multi-level marketing (MLM) and there are many people who register for membership so they can buy items at discounted prices for personal consumption and resale.

Some financial gurus offer free wealth creation and generation seminars but with hidden agenda of promoting their advocacies in crowd-funding to co-own some companies which they put up, their insurance and real estate businesses, as well as books authored by them or their associates. There will be event sponsors who will invest in snacks and venue in return for customer data acquisition, and later you will get emails regarding their promotional offers. Whatever, you will learn from them and meet new people so there is nothing to lose as long as you have a wise filtering of information feeds.

Well, today, let us have this Project *Generate Revenues* and let us see how far can this go. We must have a goal and be specific with that amount we have in mind.
  • How much do you need to pay your debts?
  • How much do you need for your dream house and lot?
  • How much do you need to fund the education of your children?
  • How much do you need when you retire?
  • How much do you need to establish your business?
Determine the amount and write a 'secret check' payable to your name then print it and display on a place which you can see every day you wake up. See this -- https://www.thesecret.tv/gifts-for-you/the-secret-check/

How can we generate revenues without big cash required?
  1. Write. Author a book, a movie script, or a blog.
  2. Do virtual assistance.
  3. Design a webpage.
  4. Make some crafts (say, event souvenir items). 
  5. Bake cakes or cook foods for friends.
  6. Be a product reseller.
  7. Do online consulting, mentoring or tutorial jobs.
  8. Collaborate with event organizers (marketing, photography, videography, etc.)
  9. Be a tour and travel consultant.
  10. Do real estate marketing (but you must know the ropes and ethics of doing the business first). 
If more people will generate more revenues, there will be more money to pay for products and services in the market, which will contribute to economic growth. This will also help make a healthy nation as health is wealth, and wealth is health. When a person has no money, there is stress, and stress is a silent killer.

The government must provide more avenues for people to create and/or tap multiple sources of livelihood and revenue-generating opportunities with ease.

The schools must offer more affordable courses related to entrepreneurship.

Successful people must take time to patiently and passionately mentor people for free for them to be moved to better paths to generate revenues. The mentees will be the next mentors in the future to pay it forward.

I hope that one day we will bask in His grace and blessings of truly abundant people in our land, in our lifetime.


---

Photo credits:   Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Wasting of Women's Talents Must Cease"

Here I am in a four-cornered room, thinking of many things that I can do considering my talents, but I cannot utilize to the fullest due to some obstacles which are not just in the mind but real. I am woman -- I know I have a power inside me yet I feel vulnerable. There is an interesting article published in Gulf News, "In the Middle East, Momentum for Women Must Pick Up Speed" written by Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, dated 31 May 2018. Very timely, indeed, that I saw this article few minutes back. I am inspired to read similar write-ups promoting advocacy on importance of empowering women by giving them solid support. Can we quantify wasted women's talents? Maybe we can in terms of lost opportunities. Or can we enumerate wasted women's talents if we cannot quantify them? There are women who are full-time mothers and housewives, either by choice or by tradition or both. We know that being so is indeed a tiring unpaid job for many women. For some they

Of Ginger-Lemon Water, and A/C Off

  And so I am now again drinking a lot of hot lemon tea with ginger. It will help improve my health immunity .  WebMD.com says, " Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants, which both have immunity-boosting properties. Ginger also has immunity-boosting properties and can guard against some bacteria." Am coughing when my back is sweating. The air conditioner is switched off again. If you are in the Gulf area, even if it is December it is still hot. There are times when it is even hotter inside my partitioned room with a window facing the sun, no building near ours to block the scorching heat -- than the actual temperature outside. I have a temperature app in my mobile phone and I regularly check it. When I switch on the air conditioner, somebody else switches it off. (I remember when we transferred to the our previous flat and I was told that the A/C was centralized, 24/7 on. I was grateful because the heat of human bodies, the lights, their gadgets -- laptops and m

'Hotelcation' and More

My youngest daughter surprised me with the good news that she was allowed to go on Eid vacation for some days. She badly needed rest and relaxation for a work-life balance. It was very hot here in the UAE when we got blissfully reunited at 2 PM.  It was Eid so most hotels nearby were either fully booked, or if not, their room rate boards showed AED800/day +/-. My frugal daughter stepped back when she saw 'towering' figures. A I watched my Buninay eating halohalo in our meeting place, a restaurant serving Filipino foods, I held my tears back. She ordered 'mixed-with-everything' fried rice, grilled squid and  kinilaw  (raw fish with vinegar, chili and chopped onions).  Memories of her childhood flooded in my mind. How time flies! My then-baby-who-is-now-a-lady wanted to spoil me. Felt truly blessed beyond words. We hopped to Seattle's Best in the mall near the mosque. While indulging myself with my favorite Cinnabon bites and strawberry smoothies, and my ol