Skip to main content

Share a Gift of Hope


I love green color. Like the traffic light, it symbolizes 'go' which means there is a continuity of movement. Green is life.  Green is hope. As they say, while there is life, there is hope.

Hope is infinite so I love also the infinity symbol. When you have hope in your heart, you will develop endurance amidst trials, darkness and despair.

Few years ago I started a page at Facebook with the word 'hope' so I could feed myself with inspiring words related to hope everyday. Some viewers thanked me for those motivational lines. But one day I got a message from someone saying that he had copyrighted that line for a non-profit organization, so what could I do but to put it to a halt for some time, and change the name later to start with an action verb -- the most used verb these days -- 'share'.  Hope is already in each and everyone of us -- whether we are in good or bad situation. What we need to do is to care to share it and one loses it, help him restore it.

All life coaches and leaders, be it religious, political or whatever, always include hope in most of  their motivational talks. It gives us a good feeling to see a better and brighter tomorrow.  The subject of hope is like a magnet that attracts attention of person or people we talk to.

When you encounter a hopeless person who feels like it would be the end of the world, tell him two words -- "Keep hoping".  This is a simple easy way of helping rebuild a life.

Recently His Highness Dubai Ruler Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum awarded Mahmoud Wahid, Egyptian chairman of Together to Save a Human, with AED1M Arab Hope Maker prize, for 'providing homeless people with food, medical care and space to bathe'.  According to ArabianBusiness.com, in a surprise move he also granted same amount to other four (4) finalists for their work.  I really salute our great leader, Sheikh Mohammed,  who promotes love and compassion by supporting Arab philanthropist projects. He also launches the Arab Hope Makers Academy. I hope there will be an international counterpart -- Global Hope Makers Academy.

My heart was touched by one Egyptian jornalist's advocacy on helping former female prisoners reconstruct their lives and find their jobs, according to same article. Her name is Nawal Mustafa.  Being a woman and a mother, I know how it means to their families.

God bless their souls.

What will you do if you as a Hope Maker would be awarded with such an amount? Care to share your thoughts below?

I have a lot in mind to do to touch people's lives, create positive ripples and help reach many troubled people to make them happy. As I have some work experiences in the human resources field, I also want to help unemployed and underemployed people find gainful employment, and collaborate with some entities to provide entrepreneurship seminars for those who want to put up their startups. That is my dream.

What is yours? Look around. Maybe the person next you desperately needs someone to talk to keep hope alive in his / her heart. Nobody is immune from low moments. There are people who sometimes behave differently not because they are really bad or difficult to deal with, but because they have some dark moments and they need light.

These days mental health illnesses are on the rise and it is really devastating to read and see stories of hopelessness. Many troubled people think that they cannot defeat their problems. I hope that if they lose their hope, they can make their own hope, when all else fails.

I have such huge  admiration and respect for those who step up and do something to rebuild lives and I want to do the same.

Here in the UAE, I have experienced the touch of God's hands through silent hope makers, adorably great in their own right, confident in what they do but not boastful, no terms and conditions when they give hope and make it a verb not just a noun. May they be more blessed in life.


Paying forward, I passionately magnify the greatness of our Creator by sharing a gift of hope, in whatever way possible, to glorify Him.

---



Photo credits:  Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Wasting of Women's Talents Must Cease"

Here I am in a four-cornered room, thinking of many things that I can do considering my talents, but I cannot utilize to the fullest due to some obstacles which are not just in the mind but real. I am woman -- I know I have a power inside me yet I feel vulnerable. There is an interesting article published in Gulf News, "In the Middle East, Momentum for Women Must Pick Up Speed" written by Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, dated 31 May 2018. Very timely, indeed, that I saw this article few minutes back. I am inspired to read similar write-ups promoting advocacy on importance of empowering women by giving them solid support. Can we quantify wasted women's talents? Maybe we can in terms of lost opportunities. Or can we enumerate wasted women's talents if we cannot quantify them? There are women who are full-time mothers and housewives, either by choice or by tradition or both. We know that being so is indeed a tiring unpaid job for many women. For some they

Of Ginger-Lemon Water, and A/C Off

  And so I am now again drinking a lot of hot lemon tea with ginger. It will help improve my health immunity .  WebMD.com says, " Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants, which both have immunity-boosting properties. Ginger also has immunity-boosting properties and can guard against some bacteria." Am coughing when my back is sweating. The air conditioner is switched off again. If you are in the Gulf area, even if it is December it is still hot. There are times when it is even hotter inside my partitioned room with a window facing the sun, no building near ours to block the scorching heat -- than the actual temperature outside. I have a temperature app in my mobile phone and I regularly check it. When I switch on the air conditioner, somebody else switches it off. (I remember when we transferred to the our previous flat and I was told that the A/C was centralized, 24/7 on. I was grateful because the heat of human bodies, the lights, their gadgets -- laptops and m

'Hotelcation' and More

My youngest daughter surprised me with the good news that she was allowed to go on Eid vacation for some days. She badly needed rest and relaxation for a work-life balance. It was very hot here in the UAE when we got blissfully reunited at 2 PM.  It was Eid so most hotels nearby were either fully booked, or if not, their room rate boards showed AED800/day +/-. My frugal daughter stepped back when she saw 'towering' figures. A I watched my Buninay eating halohalo in our meeting place, a restaurant serving Filipino foods, I held my tears back. She ordered 'mixed-with-everything' fried rice, grilled squid and  kinilaw  (raw fish with vinegar, chili and chopped onions).  Memories of her childhood flooded in my mind. How time flies! My then-baby-who-is-now-a-lady wanted to spoil me. Felt truly blessed beyond words. We hopped to Seattle's Best in the mall near the mosque. While indulging myself with my favorite Cinnabon bites and strawberry smoothies, and my ol