Skip to main content

How to Feel Light


With what's happening in the world today, we feel heavy with sadness. There are many conflicts around. Despite all technological discoveries to connect people across the globe, we seem to be disconnected and divided.

If we do not filter the flow of information coming to us through newsfeeds and other online channels, we end up full of data in mind. It is good if they are the constructive type, but if they are not, we end up like a ship sinking in the sea of nowhere.

I must be gentle to myself -- to my soul, my mind and my body.

These days I watch meditation videos for spiritual upliftment. I am connecting to my inner self. My spirit matters. My spirit is me. This spirit I want to connect with the Almighty Source of All.

For some months with some big challenges that seem to crush my whole being, I have not watched disturbing news and movies. I entertained myself with Hallmark and Lifetime movies, and most of them have "happily-ever-after" endings. They let me feel light and more in love with life and what it  can possibly surprise me in the future.

As for my body, I avoid using shampoo everyday. I love my The Faceshop Jeju fresh soothing gel given by my friend Mila. On my face I use fresh gel from my aloe vera plant now happily basking under the sunlight near my window. Sometimes I prepare fresh yogurt mixed with lemon or turmeric with pure honey and rub them on my face. So the heavy feeling of having harsh ingredients is avoided. My soap is Seba for clear face. I've purchased Colgate soft toothbrush so my gum, particularly those parts with teeth that to be fixed, would not be stressed with hard brushes. Johnson's baby oil is always a must-have for me and it helps soothe my hands after washing the dishes with strong dish washing liquid. I will buy next time one for super sensitive hand but I think it is much more expensive than the normal one with Olay.

Less crowd means less noises so I isolate myself most of the times, working on something. I've realized that noises can be heavy, too.

My cousin died yesterday. How can I make feel the grieving hearts light? I sent some words of heartfelt condolences to his immediate family members. He was tall man with heavy body built. But what is heavy body when the soul departs?

When the sister of my maternal grandmother died, I was still young, about 19 years old. I silently offered prayer in her wake. Since then I could not explain why after my prayer, a white feather dropped from the ceiling. Maybe she wanted to comfort me. I picked it up and kept it somewhere. I don't know where it is now as my children did the housekeeping while I was away.

What are you feeling today? Do you feel you have a load of negativity or grudges in your heart? Do you feel like tons of problems hammered you down to a thin sheet of metal?

Just feel light. Think of a feather. Feel like you were a feather. Light. Airy. Things will be fine. All will go well with your soul.

---
Photo credits:  Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Wasting of Women's Talents Must Cease"

Here I am in a four-cornered room, thinking of many things that I can do considering my talents, but I cannot utilize to the fullest due to some obstacles which are not just in the mind but real. I am woman -- I know I have a power inside me yet I feel vulnerable. There is an interesting article published in Gulf News, "In the Middle East, Momentum for Women Must Pick Up Speed" written by Shaikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, dated 31 May 2018. Very timely, indeed, that I saw this article few minutes back. I am inspired to read similar write-ups promoting advocacy on importance of empowering women by giving them solid support. Can we quantify wasted women's talents? Maybe we can in terms of lost opportunities. Or can we enumerate wasted women's talents if we cannot quantify them? There are women who are full-time mothers and housewives, either by choice or by tradition or both. We know that being so is indeed a tiring unpaid job for many women. For some they

Of Ginger-Lemon Water, and A/C Off

  And so I am now again drinking a lot of hot lemon tea with ginger. It will help improve my health immunity .  WebMD.com says, " Lemon is a rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants, which both have immunity-boosting properties. Ginger also has immunity-boosting properties and can guard against some bacteria." Am coughing when my back is sweating. The air conditioner is switched off again. If you are in the Gulf area, even if it is December it is still hot. There are times when it is even hotter inside my partitioned room with a window facing the sun, no building near ours to block the scorching heat -- than the actual temperature outside. I have a temperature app in my mobile phone and I regularly check it. When I switch on the air conditioner, somebody else switches it off. (I remember when we transferred to the our previous flat and I was told that the A/C was centralized, 24/7 on. I was grateful because the heat of human bodies, the lights, their gadgets -- laptops and m

'Hotelcation' and More

My youngest daughter surprised me with the good news that she was allowed to go on Eid vacation for some days. She badly needed rest and relaxation for a work-life balance. It was very hot here in the UAE when we got blissfully reunited at 2 PM.  It was Eid so most hotels nearby were either fully booked, or if not, their room rate boards showed AED800/day +/-. My frugal daughter stepped back when she saw 'towering' figures. A I watched my Buninay eating halohalo in our meeting place, a restaurant serving Filipino foods, I held my tears back. She ordered 'mixed-with-everything' fried rice, grilled squid and  kinilaw  (raw fish with vinegar, chili and chopped onions).  Memories of her childhood flooded in my mind. How time flies! My then-baby-who-is-now-a-lady wanted to spoil me. Felt truly blessed beyond words. We hopped to Seattle's Best in the mall near the mosque. While indulging myself with my favorite Cinnabon bites and strawberry smoothies, and my ol